Thursday

Sports Camp part 2


So sports camp started on Monday and I am really enjoying it. I have five weeks of it before we go to Bali on the 8th of August. On Monday when I started I just wore what Mummy and I thought was appropriate for a sports camp, namely a pink T shirt which Auntie Jennie bought me and a stripy tennis skirt with shorts *underneath*... see very sporty but stylish. However, the sports camp is organised by ESF (English Schools Foundation) and we all know the English like nothing better than a UNIFORM on their school children!

The French School, where I go to, is rare in that there is no uniform and this is something I love. Every morning during school time, I prance up the road past those ESF and Kellet School kids in their boring school uniforms (even their school bags are uniform!) wearing whatever I like thinking how dull it must be to dress like everyone else.

So, here I am at an ESF sports camp, and guess what? Monday afternoon, I come home with a... you guessed it... a uniform! It's only a shirt, but it's not tight, sparkly or anything! Hmmmm.... but I can still wear my tennis skirt... except today. Skirt was in the wash, so I had the shirt on with a pair of Liverpool football shorts (which belong to Oscar). Mum's never really done sports wear for me, though I have lots of glossy leotards and bikinis. I don't mind the shorts; they are tight, shiny and have a picture of a bird on them, so that's OK... as long as the shirt is tucked tightly into the shorts, I am OK.

For swimming I have to wear sort of a uniform in that it's a proper swimming costume, hat and goggles. I don't mind that though.

No comments: