Wednesday

First day at school

Here I am, back from my hols and already back to reality. 2 weeks away from turning three, and I am starting my first day at proper school. I have been at playgroups for the last year and a half, but the French school takes us in a bit earlier than other schools so off I go. I am in Petite Section Bilingue, which means I will have one day taught in English, the next day in French.


It was raining this morning, and the traffic was bad to get me into Central on the school bus, but luckily mummy came with me so I didn't feel alone or sad or anything. When we eventually got there, I went up to my new classroom and found my English teacher, Miss Lynda. On Thursday I will be in Miss Isabelle's class.

Everything that is mine (desk, drawer, cubby hole and books) are marked with my name and a picture of a penguin because I can't quite read yet. As penguins are one of my favourite animals, I love that I am now a penguin at school.

There are about 20 children in the class, mostly French but not all...

All the mum's were nervous and some of the other children were crying, but I was fine.

Mummy came and picked me up in the afternoon when we finished at 3pm. I had had my lunch at the school canteen and had a quick nap so I wasn't too tired. We caught the school bus home together, and mummy brought me a couple of chocolate biscuits to eat much to the envy of the other kids on the bus whose mummies didn't come with them.

The next thing to look forward to is gymnastics on Saturday... it's all go again!!

No comments: