Saturday

Move to Hong Kong June 2005

For the first couple of weeks when we moved to Hong Kong, we lived in a serviced apartment in Old Peak Road. If you don't know Hong Kong, then let me explain it's live an island that is one big mountain that is made up of lots of smaller mountains. The top of one of the mountains is called 'The Peak' and we've been up there a couple of times because you get a great view of the Hong Kong skyline from there. So this place we were living was about 3/4 of the way up the peak and to go even to the supermarket you had to descend and then climb back up again. I didn't care because I was in my puschair, but I noticed mummy sweating and panting quite a bit! Also it's very humid and hot right now as it's rainy season, and believe me, when it rains it RAINS!!! The road outside our apartment block was like a river flowing! So for the first couple of weeks we had to stay in most of the time, which wasn't so bad as mummy wasn't working and so we just used to put my French nursery rhymes on or watch daytime TV. We also used to go to the indoor shopping malls quite alot: I didn't really enjoy it but mummy is like a demon posessed when the sales are on. I think she should buy shares in Marc Jacobs!


This is us down at the swimming pool in Hillsborough Court. It was a nice sunny day and it was good that daddy wasn't working for once. After the pool, we went to Gymboree and then that evening we walked up Old Peak road all the way up to the Peak! Daddy pushed me, and I kept very quiet as it looked really hard work so I appreciated the fact he was pushing me rather than making me get out and crawl. I don't think I could have managed it. They said it was fantastic excercise and actually when we got to the top the views over Victoria Harbour we're pretty amazing so I think we'll probably do it again sometime.

No comments: